Self Ride Tours
Self- ride tours offer you the opportunity to tour New Zealand by Harley Davidson motorcycle with all the details of the tour taken care of by Bularangi. All you need to do is ride your bike following the programmed GPS and we have your route all planned out and your accommodation booked in advance.
Why Choose a Self- Ride Motorcycle Tour of New Zealand
- It gives you the opportunity to ride an organised motorcycle tour without having to ride with a larger group of people.
- We can customise the motorbike tour to be the exact number of days you wish to ride for.
- The motorcycle tour can start and finish at any of our depots nationwide.
- All your accommodation is booked up for you to a standard of your choosing – and you can choose different standards of accommodation throughout the tour if you wish.
- The motorcycle tour route is fully programmed in a GPS for you so you just simply have to follow the GPS.
- It is a more cost effective way to tour New Zealand than taking a guided tour, helping those on tighter budgets.
What is included on a self- ride motorcycle tour of New Zealand?
- Pick up and return of Harley Davidson to same location, either Auckland, Wellington, Waihi, Christchurch or Queenstown. If you wish to do a one way hire between two depots there is a $350 one off charge, but if the tour is 14 days or greater there is no one way charge.
- Unlimited kilometres of hires of 3 days or greater
- 3 days or less hire period limited to 350kms per day, any excess over this charged at 0.70 cents per kilometre
- Accommodation each night of bike hire in accommodation standard of your choosing.
- Breakfast included with all 4 and 5 star accommodation packages, but option offered of 4 star without breakfast as well (see star ratings info).
- No other meals are included.
- GPS System with route planned in for you.
- Helmet, jacket and gloves for rider and pillion passenger if required - open or closed face available.
- Ferry crossings between North and South Islands if applicable.
- Full itinerary route plan for you.
Accommodation Standards for Motorcycle Tours
Modern, clean motels with en-suite rooms, not always in the centre of town and usually no facilities of bar or restaurant on site.
Modern, clean hotels or motels with en-suite rooms, usually in the centre of town but many do not have facilities of bar or restaurant on site.
Modern, clean up-market hotels or bed & breakfasts with en-suite rooms, in the centre of town. Hotels have facilities of bar and restaurant on site and bed and breakfasts provide dinner options.
Modern, clean luxurious hotels or bed & breakfasts with en-suite rooms, and luxurious surroudings. All hotels have full facilities of bar and restaurant on site and bed and breakfasts provide dinner options.