Bularangi Motorbikes is a privately owned company run by Baz and Ali Howie – a husband and wife team who have been running the business since 2007.
Customer service and satisfaction is our number one priority – we have had hundreds of customers through our doors riding our motorbikes and making sure they receive a 100% positive experience is of paramount importance to us.
We know that the natural beauty and amazing riding roads for motorbike touring in New Zealand is a winner straight away. However, making sure our customers have a Harley that meets expectation visually, is the model they require, performs faultlessly and gives them a truly outstanding experience with Bularangi Motorbikes is our focus.
This will be reflected in the service you receive from us.
Family Life and Community Awareness
Family life is important to us. We adopted our niece age 6, TeWai, in 2012 and she lives with us permanently and is the child we could not have. We want her to grow up in a wonderful giving community and to this end, we are very aware of the community that we live in. We love to support and nurture this, to this end we are part of quite a few community initiatives which we want to share with you. Many of them are focused around youth and sport, something our whanau (family) feels is very important for the children of today, teaching them discipline, commitment, being a contributing member of a team and that practice does make perfect:
- Establishing a local boxing club for the local youth to attend and train.
- Running an annual multi-sport festival in Waihi that is attended by approximately 1,000 competitors and is done to raise funds for the community – usually raising about $15,000 per annum that is put back into sporting projects for the community.
- Coaching and managing the local school basketball teams.
- Coaching and managing the local school netball teams.
- Committee members of the local Swimming Club that is a charity run club that teaches children of all ages how to swim – a really important skill in New Zealand given we are surrounded by water.
- Working with the local group “Family Violence It's Not Okay” supporting the group who work on putting a stop to domestic violence.
- Supporting “Keep Waihi Beautiful” an initiative where we do one day every couple of months picking up rubbish in different areas of the town, keeping our town beautiful! Waihi was a finalist in 2018 for their great work!
- Many raffle prizes donated throughout the year to local causes who are all trying to raise money for their clubs.
- 2018 'Service to Sport' prize for dedication and time to basketball won by Ali and Baz.
- Ali was Junior Netball Co-Ordinator for the 2018 season and won 'President Award' for 2018.