3 Day Bay of Islands Self Ride Guided Tour
Please note if you are more than one bike in your group the above prices are significantly discounted - email us with your group numbers to get a price.
Tour runs year round
- 1 rider/1 bike NZ$4,229
- 2 riders/1 bike NZ$4,554
- Late Model Harley Davidson Motorcycles.
- Fully escorted by our professional and experienced tour guide on his own Harley Davidson
- Unlimited km's (mileage).
- Jacket, helmet, gloves and wet weather gear for rider and pillion passenger
- Full comprehensive motorcycle insurance with a bond/insurance excess of $4,000 per bike.
- Tour price is based on double / twin share accommodation only. A single supplement will apply if single room is required.
- 2 nights accommodation in 4* plus hotels or lodges
- 2 set menu dinners
- Cooked or continental breakfast every morning
- Entry to the following: Kauri Museum, high speed boat trip in Paihia
- Fuel and oil for motorcycles
- Personal expenditure
- Personal insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Sightseeing activities and excursions unless otherwise stated above as included
259 kilometres / 162 miles
We are off on our Harleys this morning heading through Auckland (the City of Sails) going via Helensville, and then onto the Twin Coast Discovery Highway where we stop at the well known Matakohe Kauri museum. We tak our lunch here and you can discover some of the local history through this wonderful museum.
After lunch we carry on through the grandeur of the Waipoua Forest to Tane Mahuta the oldest and largest surviving native Kauri tree in New Zealand. We then follow the western coastline along to Omapere where we will be staying tonight on the edge of the beautiful Hokianga Harbour, overlooking the massive sand dunes on the other side of the harbour.
440 kilometres / 275 miles
A big day of riding today, this morning we catch the ferry across the Hokianga Harbour and head north following the Twin Coast Discovery Trail through the wonderful forests of Northland and we then head up to Cape Reinga to see the northern most point of New Zealand and where the might of two great oceans meet. We then make our way back down towards Paihia in the magnificent Bay of Islands.
232 kilometres / 145 miles
Start the day with a high speed boat trip out to see the famous hole in the Rock and enjoy the beauty of the Bay of Islands. Once we are back on dry land its time to head off on the Harley Davidsons on our return journey to Auckland making our way down the Eastern coastline, through Whangarei the major city in Northland taking a break at Waipu Cove and also at the Puhoi cheese making factory before our arrival back in Auckland.